Welcome to Willow class page!
Willow Christmas Decoration Day 30.11.2023
Willow class Christmas play
As you may already be aware, year 3 put on a Christmas performance each year. Every child has now been given a part and have a script with their lines highlighted. Your child should bring their script and song words home every night to practice and learn their lines for the performance. We are practicing in school daily, however, your support with helping your child learn their lines ready for the performance is greatly appreciated.
The performance is on Wednesday 13th December 2023 at 2pm. Please arrive at the Office by 1:50pm. Feel free to catch me for a chat if you have any questions. Thank you,
Willow Class - Space Week - WC 06.11.2023
Researchers in action!
The children really enjoyed using the Chromebooks to research our new author for this half term, Chris Van Allsburg. They found out some very interesting facts about him and the books he has written!
Kew Gardens School Trip
Just a quick reminder- Our trip to Kew Gardens is on Thursday 12th October 2023. Please send your child to school in school uniform for easy identification, comfortable trainers and a packed lunch, unless they are entitled to free school meals. Children can bring up to £5 spending money for the gift shop. Please ensure your child also brings a water bottle with them, ideally a plastic one which can be thrown away with their lunch.
Many thanks, Miss Fulling.
CLICK HERE to listen to the amazing job that three of our children on the School Podcast recently. They really did our class proud! Well done.
Welcome to the Willow class page!
Welcome back! This year, Miss Fulling and Miss Atkinson will be working with you throughout year 3. We are both very excited and looking forward to an amazing year ahead. Please see above for a copy of our term 1 plan.
- Our PE days are Wednesdays and Thursdays. Children need to come into school in their PE kit ready for the lesson.
- Homework will come home every Wednesday and needs to be completed and returned by the following Monday.
- Children are also expected to read at home and practice their spellings throughout the week. This does not have to be strenuous or long, it could be five minutes each night just going through their spellings of the week and reading for a few minutes.
- Your child's TimeTable Rockstars login will be given to them in their homework book, as well as their Lexia login, which can both be accessed from home.
If you have any questions or queries, feel free to catch me for a chat after school.
I am pleased to announce that we have two exciting trips booked for this year! The dates for these are as follows:
- Kew Gardens- Thursday 12th October 2023- This trip relates to the children's art lessons, where they will be looking at botanical drawings and shading. This trip will allow the children to observe and sketch different plants and flowers, enhancing their brilliant drawing, sketching and shading skills. The cost of this trip is £28.
- Warner Brothers Harry Potter Studios- Thursday 16th May 2024- In term 3, the children will be immersed into the magical world of Harry Potter, with both the books and the films being used to enhance their writing and drama in English. We have booked a workshop, which focuses on the art of foley (how sound affects are made for films!). The children will get a chance to be a foley artist and make sound effects for clips of the films. Children will also complete the studio tour. This day will be slightly longer (Children need to be in school by 8:30am and will return by 5:30pm).
The total cost for the Warner Brothers Harry Potter Studio tour trip in May 2023 is £32. The school and INEOS money have put £300 towards this trip to help reduce the cost. There is an option to pay for this trip in monthly installments.