Information on policies, people and statutory guidance
What kinds of special needs are provided for in this school?
We provide for all kinds of needs at Lawn, usually grouped into 4 categories:
- Communication and interaction
- Cognition (thinking) and learning
- Physical and sensory
- Social, emotional and mental health needs
Who is involved?
Everyone is involved in making sure your child is supported and achieves their full potential.
Your child's class teacher:
- Checks on your child's progress and (where needed), identifies, plans and delivers any additional help your child may need
- Plans for all children who need extra help
- Monitors this help to make sure it is making a difference for your
- Asks, with your permission, for further specialist help if your child isn't making progress and refer your child to the SENDCo
- Discusses with you, how your child is doing, what help and support is needed and agreeing together plans and reviews of how things are working
The school Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator role is currently being covered by Mrs Angela Wilson & Mrs Helen Moss, and they can be contacted with regard to Special Need at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Co-ordinate all of the support that we provide for children with SEND and their families and develop our approach so that all children get the best quality help
- Ensure children and their parents/carers are included in knowing what's happening and are involved in checking what's working/ what's needed next
- Work with outside agencies that we sometimes need support from - Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Paediatrics, School Nurse, Educational Psychologist, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services and so on.
- Keep our school systems up to date so we know who in school has SEND and what we are doing about it
- Make sure teachers and support staff have what they need to help children with SEND in the school achieve the best progress possible